google search this blog, doesn't always work

Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Lodge 36 oz tableware server

This is the Lodge 36 oz tableware server.

It's not to be confused with the Lodge oval mini server, which is only 9 oz.

I wrote about it in this article, although I did not have a picture of it, nor had I actually seen one.

The picture makes it appear smaller than it really is; It's about the size of a standard fajita pan.

At 36 oz, it's slightly over 1 quart. So it can also be considered a 1 quart casserole dish.

And as an 8x8 square baking pan is approximately 1 1/2 quarts, you can make most recipes that call for a square baking pan, in this dish-- such as this recipe.

Recently, Lodge put out a contest: Whoever submitted the best BBQ sauce recipe, won this item for free.

As I've never personally made BBQ sauce, I did not enter this contest. I should have found a recipe and tried it out, but I didn't.

The mini servers are meant for tiny servings of appetizers or desserts, but this server is big enough for a small meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment