google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Two different Lodge chef platters

This is a Lodge chef's platter, with a wood underliner.

It's part of their sizzleware serving platter line.

The one pictured above is about 11 x 7 inches.

Recently, Lodge released a second chef's platter, which is 12 x 15 inches and is called the Jumbo chef's platter.

So, don't be confused if you decide to order one; Make sure you're getting the size you want.

They're usually used to keep hot food hot, but you can also chill them in the refrigerator to keep cold food cold.

Actually, you can do that with any cast iron griddle or skillet; I had not realized that.

I don't have either one of the chef platters, and don't anticipate needing one.

I have the special steak platter with the au jus well, which I had written about in a previous article, thinking I would not get one because I didn't need it.

Famous last words.

In any case, if you have a fajita pan or small griddle, you can use it for the same thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment