google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Practical use of the 17 inch skillet

This was my first time using the Lodge 17 inch skillet.

The picture is not what I was cooking; I was boiling water in it afterwards, for easier cleanup.

I used it to make "breakfast for everybody". Now, in my house, "everybody" is two people, but I did it all at the same time, in the same skillet.

Six slices of bacon and four eggs fit in this skillet. More could have fit, but there's only two of us.

The bacon went in first, then after they shrunk a little I added the eggs.

I was going to fry the eggs, but the yolks broke, so I just scrambled them.

If I had some potatoes, I'd have cubed them up and thrown them in too.

It was just like the old days, except on a propane burner instead of over a fire.

No comments:

Post a Comment