google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, July 2, 2011

How do you toast pumpkin seeds?

For the past 2 years I've wanted to toast my own pumpkin seeds.

The problem was finding a pumpkin, and being willing to get that pumpkin just for the seeds.

You see, I'm not a big fan of pumpkin, although I do like the seeds.

So anyway, I finally found organic raw pumpkin seeds at my local grocery store, so finally I could try it.

At first I thought I could toast them on the stovetop in a tiny skillet, but they overcooked that way.

Slowly roasting them in the oven at 275 was much better.

If you have fresh ones from a pumpkin, you have to boil them in salt water first.

I tried roasting in olive oil at 400 degrees, but they got too overdone for my liking. Use olive oil, but bump the temperature back down!

No comments:

Post a Comment