google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, July 2, 2011

My first bean dip, and it was the best

I finally got around to making bean dip, and it was the best bean dip I'd ever had.

First I chopped onions and cooked them down in olive oil in a cast iron skillet.

Then I took a can of pinto beans. (You can also use cooked dried beans, or canned black beans).

Drain the beans, but DO NOT DISCARD the liquid. You'll need it.

Combine the cooked onions, beans, minced garlic, fresh cilantro, and sour cream.

Add a little bit of the bean juice, but not too much or it will be too watery.

You could also add balsamic vinegar; If you do, you'll use less bean juice.

Mix it all in a blender.

Due to the sour cream and cilantro, it doesn't look like you would expect bean dip to look like.

But I guarantee you'll never go back to the canned stuff!

If you want more traditional LOOKING bean dip, omit the cilantro and sour cream. But you'll lose the flavor and creaminess, for the sake of presentation.

No comments:

Post a Comment