google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Finally found a recipe for the 8 inch square baking pan

This is a cast iron 8 inch square baking pan. Lodge doesn't make one; It's by Old Mountain.

I was seeking out recipes specifically for an 8 inch square pan, just so I would actually use this pan.

The volume is about 1 1/2 quarts; any recipe calling for this size pan, can be made in a 9 inch skillet.

The Lodge 36 oz oval server, can also be used to make most recipes meant for this pan-- although in some cases, you might have a tiny bit left over.

So I found the following breakfast recipe, which I modified based on what I had available:

Mix 3/4 cup bisquick, 1/2 cup milk, salt, pepper, dry mustard, and 6 eggs in a bowl. Whisk.

Add chopped ham and shredded cheese. The recipe called for swiss, but I just had mozzarella.

The recipe also called for sliced mushrooms and chopped tomatoes, but I didn't have any.

Pour into the pan and bake at 350.

I should have sprinkled some of the shredded cheese on top before baking, instead of mixing it all in.

I also should have added bacon bits!

It was a little dry; I'm sure adding the chopped tomatoes and mushrooms would have made it better, but I didn't have any.

I topped with parmesan cheese afterwards, and some bacon salt.




No comments:

Post a Comment