google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

shrimp pasta prepared two ways

In the cookbook "How to cook everything: The Basics,", there were two recipes for pasta, and I decided to try them both.

The original recipes did not include shrimp; That was my addition.

I boiled linguine in a pot, and sauteed the following two combinations in separate cast iron skillets:

The first was minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, shrimp, and crushed red peppers.

The second was butter, fresh sage*, and shrimp (no garlic).

*Yes, it does need to be fresh, not dried. It makes all the difference.

Added shredded parmesan cheese to both.

The second was my favorite, by a long shot. I really liked the fresh sage!

The first one needed sprucing up, so I topped with basil pesto. That made it much better.

If I were to do this again, I'd combine the two, and make it with butter, fresh sage, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment