google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

shrimp pasta prepared two ways

In the cookbook "How to cook everything: The Basics,", there were two recipes for pasta, and I decided to try them both.

The original recipes did not include shrimp; That was my addition.

I boiled linguine in a pot, and sauteed the following two combinations in separate cast iron skillets:

The first was minced garlic, extra virgin olive oil, shrimp, and crushed red peppers.

The second was butter, fresh sage*, and shrimp (no garlic).

*Yes, it does need to be fresh, not dried. It makes all the difference.

Added shredded parmesan cheese to both.

The second was my favorite, by a long shot. I really liked the fresh sage!

The first one needed sprucing up, so I topped with basil pesto. That made it much better.

If I were to do this again, I'd combine the two, and make it with butter, fresh sage, minced garlic, and parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment