google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Practical use of the bacon and egg skillet

I decided to finally try using my bacon and egg skillet for its intended purpose: bacon and eggs.

It fits two eggs of course, and only two slices of bacon, but I squeezed in three.

I didn't think it would be feasible to flip the eggs, but I used a serving spatula.

It was only a little awkward to flip. Sunny side up eggs are much easier in this pan.

Since it takes longer to cook bacon than eggs, and some bacon grease will spill over into the egg part anyway, you can let the bacon cook a few minutes before adding the eggs.

This is enough to cook breakfast for one person, on the same skillet.

The round breakfast skillet cooks a slightly bigger breakfast.

By the way, this skillet also cooks ham and eggs. Try fried ham with minced garlic.

No comments:

Post a Comment