google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I finally found a 1 quart cast iron stovetop pot!

In a previous post, I wrote about a 1 quart camp oven, and said that I WISH they made a 1 quart pot suitable for indoor use.

I finally struck gold during a routine stop at a hardware store today.

Mind you, I went directly against what I preach; This pot was not made by a brand I trust.

But there were none other to be found, and I really wanted a 1 quart pot.

Did I NEED one? Absolutely not.

Have I figured out exactly what I'm going to do with it yet? Absolutely not*.

*I finally made french onion soup in it.

The brand was "Cajun Classic", which I'd never heard of; its quality appeared to be slightly better than Bayou Classic.

Nevertheless, it was the only 1 quart cast iron pot I could find. It's cute!

Normally, though, I would not buy cast iron unless I knew and trusted the brand.

No comments:

Post a Comment