google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Lodge Jumbo serving griddle

This is the Lodge Jumbo serving griddle. This one doesn't have a handle.

Lodge used to make one with a handle; It looked like a jumbo sized fajita pan.

But I can't find it in any of the catalogs, so I don't know when, although I suspect around 2006.

It's 10" x 13", while the fajita pan is 7" x 10".

I guess it's more feasible to not have a handle when used for serving food in restaurants; The handle might have been awkward.

But I'm not serving food in restaurants; I use my cast iron to cook, and I prefer a handle!

If a griddle doesn't have a handle, I have to grab the edge, and the food might get on my oven glove, which I don't like because then I have to wash it.

Now, if I were to voice my concern to Lodge, they would tell me to just use the 10 inch round griddle.

There was a handled one on ebay just the other day; Unfortunately I lost the bid.

So for now, I'll just have to stay happy with the round griddle.

No comments:

Post a Comment