google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Friday, August 6, 2010

Lodge breadstick pan

This is the Lodge breadstick pan, which is discontinued. I couldn't find any information or reviews, except that it didn't sell very well.

It's supposed to be for, well, breadsticks. But it can also be used for tamales*, or to toast bread.

*Tamales are usually made by the dozen; This pan has only 11 spaces.

You could possibly use it as a small broiler pan, but it's only 7 inches wide.

Here's a breadstick recipe.

It's sometimes incorrectly called a cornbread pan. Although you can make cornbread in it, it's a breadstick pan, not a cornbread pan.

It's very rare, so if you can't get one, not to worry. You can use a cornstick pan for breadsticks.

Wagner and Griswold used to make them; One is listed on ebay for $65, more than I want to pay.

So I guess I'll have to stay happy with using my cornstick pan.

2 comments:

  1. I found one of these this weekend I have had to search all over the internet to find out what it was! Thank you for the information, glad I bought it now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Most standard cast iron muffin pans have 11 wells, a row of 4, then 3, then 4 again. I don't know if that's why the breadstick pans have 11 slots as well, but they all do. I have a lot of muffin and gem pans, but only one breadstick, a wagnerware with nickel plating, which I'm hoping to find a recipe for. Looking like they all call for yeast and a doubling period, a problem for me but not insurmountable.

    ReplyDelete