google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, October 31, 2010

Third recipe created by me: Mock chicken soup

This recipe came out of necessity, when I had spare veggies I needed to use up.

It's called mock chicken soup because it's made from chicken broth.

Although if you have leftover chicken, throw it in, then it becomes chicken soup.

I've been known to throw leftover sliced turkey in it. Soup is flexible.

The basic ingredients are chicken broth, carrots, celery, cilantro, minced garlic.

Add mushrooms or potatoes if you have them. Feel free to add or omit any vegetable you like.

Add seasonings. Usually onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, seasoned salt. Be creative.

Simmer in a cast iron pot.

You can add an egg or two shortly before it's done. Optional.

Add leftover cooked rice, or ramen noodles.

Add parmesan cheese, or soy sauce, or both.

I've used up many leftover produce this way.

But mock chicken soup sounds better than "leftover produce soup".

This recipe is basically what I did with the veggies I had used to make stock, stock vegetable soup.

No comments:

Post a Comment