google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, June 26, 2010

Stock vegetable soup

As a result of my recent stock making adventure, I now have a bowl of cooked veggies (carrots, celery, and onions). And they are quite tasty.

So tonight's dinner will be very simple: stock vegetable soup.

I'm going put these veggies in a cast iron pot, add some chicken broth, probably some more seasonings, fresh cilantro, minced garlic, uncooked ramen noodles.

If I had leftover meat, I could certainly add that, but I do not. I do have some leftover squash and carrots, though. Ever heard of "refrigerator soup"?

I COULD use the beef stock I made yesterday, but I've frozen it for something else.

Actually, because I had not used meaty enough bones, it had remained liquified in the refrigerator, and had not "gelled". So it's technically a BROTH, not a stock. But no worries, I WILL be using it!

This recipe is similar to the third recipe created by me, mock chicken soup.


No comments:

Post a Comment