google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, October 26, 2010

cast iron muffin top pan

This is a cast iron muffin top pan.

Note that I said muffin top pan, not muffin pan. There's a difference.

This pan is very shallow and only makes the top of a muffin.

They claim "no more wasted muffins", since many prefer to eat the top, and throw the rest away.

While I agree that the top is the best part of a muffin, I don't believe I've ever thrown the rest of it away, especially when it's piping hot with butter.

Anyway, I wanted to see if muffin tops can be made using a plett pan.

I carefully spooned Jiffy blueberry muffin batter into each mold, and baked.

A plett pan may be more shallow than the muffin top pan, but it worked.

Keep in mind that muffin tops will bake faster than regular muffins. They also cool off faster.

No comments:

Post a Comment