google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, August 29, 2010

Three piece combo cooker

Most cast iron "combo cookers" are two piece; They include a deep skillet and a shallow skillet that doubles as a lid.

Pictured above is a rare three piece combo cooker. It includes a deep pot, a medium sized pot, and a shallow skillet that can be used as a lid for both sized pots.

The medium sized pot can be used inside the deep pot as a double boiler.

I've stated before that there are no cast iron double boilers, and there aren't any on the market today; But apparently, there used to be.

I have the Lodge two piece combo cooker, as well as the double dutch oven. But frankly, I prefer using a regular lid; it's awkward to use the skillet as a lid.

No comments:

Post a Comment