google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Mexican pizzas

Jarred salsa is terrible. I used to not think so, but then I learned how to make my own, and swore I'd never go back to the jar. So yesterday I tried some again-- Yuck, in comparison to homemade.

The following recipe calls for salsa: Mexican pizza.

I used pita bread, but it would have been better on tostada shells.

Lay out the bread (or tostada shells) on cast iron griddles. Spoon on refried beans (homemade is better, canned will do), salsa*, grated monterey jack cheese, and black olives.

Bake at 400. Serve with sour cream.

*I've posted my salsa recipe before: Tomatoes, onion, minced garlic, cilantro, 1/2 jalepeno. Less jalepeno for mild, more for hot. Mix in a blender.

No comments:

Post a Comment