google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, August 22, 2010

cast iron fat free fryer

This is a cast iron fat free fryer. It's no longer made.

I can't find any information on this pan, except what I can figure out from the pictures.

It's slightly raised in the center, and has a ring around it to catch the grease from whatever you're cooking... hence, a "fat free fryer".

Today, the closest thing you will find to this pan, is a grill pan. In fact, I've seen grill pans incorrectly listed as "fat free fryers," but they are grill pans.

I would not cook eggs in this; eggs love to run to the side of the pan when I cook them.

I'm not sure I'd cook pancakes in this either. The batter would run down into the ring.

This pan is best for bacon and sausage, or burgers.

No comments:

Post a Comment