google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, October 24, 2010

italian sausage with white beans

Just another recipe for beans, slow cooked in a cast iron pot.

The beans should be already cooked, or you can use canned. Brown the sausage first.

great northern beans, sliced italian sausage, canned tomatoes, chopped onions, 1/2 cup beef broth, 1/2 cup red wine, crumbled bacon bits*, italian seasoning, minced garlic, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder.

*I use hormel real bacon bits for any recipe that calls for cooked bacon. It's less fatty and messy.

You can slow cook it on the stove, or in the oven. Or in a camp oven over coals.

Serve with rice. You can cook the rice with the liquid from this recipe.

I actually prefer my recipe for beans and rice, but, it's easy and it's something to eat.


I might have liked it better if I had used less liquid to make it thicker.

I ended up giving most of it to the guy who cuts my grass. He was thrilled.

No comments:

Post a Comment