google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, October 4, 2010

chicken prepared two different ways

Tonight I prepared chicken two different ways.

I was going to make just the crunchy dijon chicken, but also wanted to try a recipe that called for buttered baked chicken.

The recipe was very simple: rub butter on chicken pieces and bake.

My attempt to rub solid butter on the chicken, lasted 0.7 seconds before I decided to melt the butter and brush it on.

The recipe didn't call for any seasonings; I added poultry seasoning and black pepper.

Into the oven at 350. I found that the butter gave the chicken a nice golden brown crisp.

I saw another recipe, that called for butter and paprika. That would have been good.

Now for the crunchy dijon recipe:

Coat the chicken pieces with dijon mustard.

Mix bread crumbs, italian seasoning, onion powder, garlic powder, black pepper, parmesan cheese.

Then coat the chicken in the bread crumb mix. Into the oven at 350.

I baked them both at the same time, on separate cast iron griddles.

No comments:

Post a Comment