google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Cast iron serving platter

I saw this picture today and said, "What is that pan that looks like a leaf?"

And it's not like you can do a search on "pan that looks like a leaf" and get any real results.

My first guess was for roasting meats, so the fat can go into the grooves. I was close.

That's a cast iron serving platter. It's meant for serving meats and keeping them warm.

The juice goes into the grooves, so it doesn't spill.

No comments:

Post a Comment