google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Bourbon garlic marinated salmon

I saw in the grocery store, bourbon and garlic marinated salmon for 12.99 a pound.

I didn't want to pay that much, so I decided to make my own!

Take a regular salmon fillet, and put it in a ziploc bag with bourbon and minced garlic. Marinate in the fridge all day.

When ready to cook, add dried dill. Into the oven at 350. Yes, it was that easy.

You can use bourbon and garlic to marinate any fish or chicken.

I also made the following salad dressing, which was "OK" on the salad, but great on the salmon:

Balsamic vinegar mixed with sour cream. Add garlic salt and black pepper.

I try different salad dressings, and always end up using it as a condiment or marinade instead.

Another example is olive oil, balsamic vinegar, and dijon mustard. Great on fish or chicken.

I'm not a huge salad person anyway, but Hidden Valley Ranch remains my preferred dressing.

No comments:

Post a Comment