google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Lodge FOUR inch wonder skillet


This is the Lodge four inch wonder skillet. It's no longer made.

It's not to be confused with the 5 inch wonder skillet, which is commonly sold today.

The 5 inch skillet can be used to make a grilled cheese sandwich, but the 4 inch cannot; It's too small.

So, I really did "wonder" what I would ever do with it.

Sure it can cook one egg for an egg sandwich, but, anything else?

Someone suggested that perhaps it was used to cook lunch meat to put on a sandwich.

I finally found a use for it the other day: I needed to reheat a half of a hamburger. There you go; this skillet was perfect for that.

My favorite use for the wonder skillet is to heat up cheese dip on the stove and then take it directly to the table.

My favorite is white american cheese, grated into the skillet and add a little milk if needed.

Velveeta also works, or monterey jack, or queso fresca, or any mexican white cheese.
Add dried cilantro if you like.

I never could figure out what exactly was the purpose of having a four inch skillet and a five inch skillet, and addressed that in a previous article.

I later learned that you can cook two eggs in a 5 inch. So maybe the four inch was for one egg?

No comments:

Post a Comment