google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, July 24, 2010

simple salmon, and other cast iron blogs

Last night I made baked salmon.

Lay out the fillet in a cast iron skillet.

Add lemon pepper, sage, onion powder, garlic powder. Spray with butter flavored Pam. Into the oven at 350.

Yes, it was that easy. Easy as fish sticks.

If fresh salmon is beyond your budget, Wal-Mart sells frozen salmon for $4 a pound.

I just now found another cast iron blog, castirondarling.blogspot.com, which is based in Montreal and has a variety of fancy French recipes. Appears to be inspired by Julia Child.

I've also referenced "black iron dude" before, blackirondude.blogspot.com, which appears to have a "grilled food" theme.

Here's another one I found: cookingincastiron.com, apparently written by someone as enthusiastic as me! Recipes, product reviews, why cast iron is wonderful, etc. I could get lost on this site!

And then there's castironcookingblog.com, with its own recipes and tips.


No comments:

Post a Comment