google search this blog, doesn't always work

Thursday, July 8, 2010

modified version of Jerk Chicken

This recipe is modified from http://blackirondude.blogspot.com

This is my first attempt at a Caribbean Jerk recipe.

First I made the marinade. I ran the following through a blender: onion, minced garlic, white vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, allspice, thyme.

Then I poured it into a ziploc bag, along with chicken drumsticks.

After marinating, I put the drumsticks on a cast iron skillet, into the oven at 350.

I put the marinade in another cast iron skillet, brought to a boil, and continued boiling to reduce it.

When chicken was done, I spooned on the sauce.

The original recipe called for grilling, which would have been good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment