google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Thursday, July 8, 2010

modified version of Jerk Chicken

This recipe is modified from http://blackirondude.blogspot.com

This is my first attempt at a Caribbean Jerk recipe.

First I made the marinade. I ran the following through a blender: onion, minced garlic, white vinegar, orange juice, lime juice, soy sauce, olive oil, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon, black pepper, sugar, allspice, thyme.

Then I poured it into a ziploc bag, along with chicken drumsticks.

After marinating, I put the drumsticks on a cast iron skillet, into the oven at 350.

I put the marinade in another cast iron skillet, brought to a boil, and continued boiling to reduce it.

When chicken was done, I spooned on the sauce.

The original recipe called for grilling, which would have been good too.

No comments:

Post a Comment