google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, July 2, 2010

Lodge Deep Fry Kit - discontinued

This is a Lodge deep fry kit. It's been discontinued. I was able to get the pot only, on ebay, but haven't seen it listed since.

The baskets are still being sold, and the 8 inch lid fits this pot, except for the 2 side spouts.

It's 3 quarts. It's too narrow to fry chicken, unless you're frying one piece at a time. It's more for shrimp, oysters, hush puppies, french fries, etc.

My intent was to keep it on my back burner and use it like a "fry baby," mostly for fries. But, fried food is bad for you, so I have not.

So for right now, it's just a general purpose pot.

This pot was at one time sold without the basket, as a 3 quart saucepan.

I once saw a Presto Kitchen Kettle, marketed as a multipurpose cooking appliance; So versatile, you will use it every day! You can steam, stew, boil, roast, or fry foods in it.

And it occurred to me, that I already have multipurpose cooking appliances, that steam, stew, boil, roast and fry. They're called cast iron pots!

No comments:

Post a Comment