google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, June 27, 2010

Recycled breakfast lasagna!!!

Normally I would not post about a reheated meal from the previous day, but this is noteworthy.

Yesterday, I made "breakfast lasagna", which was ham, cheese, and bread with an egg/milk mixture poured on top and baked. It was good; I saved the leftovers to reheat for breakfast this morning.

It appears that overnight, the bread fully absorbed the egg/milk mixture.

So I broke the bread into smaller pieces, took 4 more eggs, mixed them with milk, poured it over the remaining leftovers, and baked at 350.

Since the bread fully absorbed yesterday's eggs and milk, it now has the taste of french toast, making it 10 times better than yesterday. OMG!

So next time I make this, I'm going to soak the bread in some eggs and milk, as well as pour eggs and milk over it. That one extra step is well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment