google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, September 2, 2011

from prime rib, to pizza rolls

This is the Lodge au jus platter. It's meant for serving prime rib in restaurants.

It has a special well to pour your au jus in, for dipping.

You could also use it for horseradish sauce, steak sauce, or ketchup.

What?? Ketchup on steak?? I never knew that was a social faux pas, until I moved out West.

But as you can see, I've done something a little different with my fancy prime rib platter.

I used it to bake pizza rolls, which might also be considered a social faux pas.

I love Totino's pizza rolls. They're a wonderful afternoon snack.

I didn't do it on purpose-- it just happened to be the first thing I grabbed out of the cabinet.

So there you have it-- yet another use for the fancy au jus platter!

Oh, there's one thing you shouldn't try to cook in this: fried eggs. They run right into the au jus well.

But this wasn't meant to cook eggs in anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment