google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Two things I did not cook in cast iron this time

I actually cooked a couple of things this week, NOT in cast iron.

I used a crock pot and rotisserie, respectively, to cook two different roasts.

The rotisserie I got last Christmas as a gift, and never used it. So I never realized how easy it was to use.

The first roast was a rump roast, which I first browned in butter in a cast iron skillet.

Then in the crock pot, I added a can of cream of mushroom soup* mixed with milk, and one envelope of Lipton onion soup mix.

*you could also use cream of chicken soup.

Added the browned roast to the liquid, and set it on low.

The above could also have been done in a cast iron pot in the oven at 250 to 300.

The second roast was a bone-in prime rib, which I seasoned with garlic salt and that's it.

Stuck it on the rotisserie center, turned the dial and let it cook.

After it was done, I put it on "no heat rotation" to let it cool. Served with horseradish sauce.

This also could have been done in a cast iron pot in the oven.


No comments:

Post a Comment