google search this blog, doesn't always work

Thursday, June 17, 2010

modified version of Oysters Rockefeller

Well, since I still had some oysters left, and since I read last night that people have been known to make Oysters Rockefeller in an aebleskiver pan, I wanted to try that today.

Of course it wasn't the original recipe-- that's a secret. And it wasn't "on the shell" since I didn't have any shells-- each serving went into the individual cups of the aebleskiver pan.

First I heated up a pack of frozen spinach in the microwave. (I didn't use all of it for this recipe)

Then I melted butter in a cast iron skillet. Added chopped onions and minced garlic. Cooked for a few minutes. Added some leaves of spinach, cooked some more. Added bread crumbs, white wine, and parmesan cheese, cooked some more.

I evenly distributed the raw oysters in each cup of the aebleskiver pan, and then poured a little of the oyster juice into the skillet mixture. Cooked that for a couple of minutes more, spooned evenly into each cup. Topped with parmesan cheese, and put the aebleskiver pan into the oven at 350.

If I ever do this again, I will probably use a little more butter, a little less of the wine, and more bread crumbs and parmesan cheese. Other than that, it was good!




No comments:

Post a Comment