google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, October 29, 2011

and where are my mexican dish recipes?

I could have sworn that I posted my recipe for various mexican dishes.

But all I could find was the one for cheese enchiladas.

So, what I do for mexican food is, first make my "base", then use it in whatever mexican dish I make.

The "base" is 93% lean ground beef, browned along with chopped onions, minced garlic, and fresh cilantro.

Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt, pepper.

Then I take pinto beans, and either mash them up to resemble refried beans, or just add them whole.

That's my "base".

Notice that's how I started my chili recipe; Add ingredients for chili, and it becomes chili.

But it's also how I make burritos:

Put the base in flour tortillas; add cheese, add salsa or taco sauce, bake in the oven at 350.

Make tacos by putting the base in taco shells; add cheese, tomatoes, and sour cream.

Make enchiladas by putting the base in corn tortillas, add cheese and enchilada sauce, and bake.

Make tamale casserole by layering polenta over the base; bake in the oven at 350.

Make nachos by pouring the base over tortilla chips; add cheese and bake.

Make "border patrol casserole" with tortilla chips, cheese, and black olives on top of the base; Bake.

I serve all of the above with sour cream. You have to have sour cream!

No comments:

Post a Comment