google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, October 29, 2011

I lost my recipe for chili!

Well much to my dismay, I discovered yesterday that I lost my recipe for chili.

So I had to come up with another recipe. But the good news is, it was a vastly improved recipe!

Brown 1 pound 93% lean ground beef* in a cast iron pot, along with chopped onions and minced garlic.

*I love 93% lean. If you use it, you don't have to drain.

Add chili powder, cumin, coriander, oregano, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, and black pepper.

Add 1 can of diced tomatoes, undrained, and 1 can of pinto beans*, undrained. Because they're undrained, you won't need to add any broth.

*My former recipe used red kidney beans.

If you don't want beans, you'll need to add a little beef broth. I like it with beans.

Add 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce. Stir and simmer on low heat.

Serve with sour cream, shredded cheese and fritos!

Some people like to add a tablespoon or two of corn flour or "masa", but I didn't have any.

And, some people like to add green chilis or bell peppers. I loathe peppers, so I don't.


No comments:

Post a Comment