google search this blog, doesn't always work

Friday, August 26, 2011

my first real enchiladas

Before today, I've always made my enchiladas with flour tortillas, since I like them better than corn.

But they weren't "true" enchiladas, since enchiladas are made with corn tortillas.

I decided to make real enchiladas tonight in the Lodge 12 inch skillet.

I filled the tortillas with monterey jack and white american cheese.

In some of them, I added a spoonful of pinto beans.

I packed the filled tortillas side by side in the skillet, then folded the tops closed, and turned them over with the folded side down. That's how they stay closed, without a toothpick.

Then I grated some cheddar cheese on top, and poured over enchilada sauce from a can.

Into the oven at 350.

I thought they were fantastic.

Some prefer them to be filled with cheddar instead of american, but I don't like the way cheddar melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment