google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Friday, August 26, 2011

my first real enchiladas

Before today, I've always made my enchiladas with flour tortillas, since I like them better than corn.

But they weren't "true" enchiladas, since enchiladas are made with corn tortillas.

I decided to make real enchiladas tonight in the Lodge 12 inch skillet.

I filled the tortillas with monterey jack and white american cheese.

In some of them, I added a spoonful of pinto beans.

I packed the filled tortillas side by side in the skillet, then folded the tops closed, and turned them over with the folded side down. That's how they stay closed, without a toothpick.

Then I grated some cheddar cheese on top, and poured over enchilada sauce from a can.

Into the oven at 350.

I thought they were fantastic.

Some prefer them to be filled with cheddar instead of american, but I don't like the way cheddar melts.

No comments:

Post a Comment