google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fajitas for everybody

This is actually not my recipe, or my photo. It was posted on facebook, and I got permission to reprint.

We all know that cast iron is great for fajitas; usually the meat and veggies are made in separate skillets.

It never occurred to me that you can use the Lodge 15 inch skillet*, and make your entire fajita mix in the pan at once!

*The 17 inch skillet would work too, if you have a crowd.

The posted recipe was: Brown sliced sirloin in light olive oil; Season with steak seasoning.

Then add fajita mix* and 1/2 cup water; Add sliced bell peppers and onions. Saute on medium heat until done.

*I assume "fajita mix" is the seasoning mix you can buy in packets at the grocery store.

This way, all the meat and veggies are sauced and tossed together and you can just spoon on the tortillas.

Now, I don't like peppers at all. So, how do you make fajitas without bell peppers?

Simple, I substitute zucchini, tomatoes, mushrooms and garlic cloves. Granted that's not true fajitas, but it works for me!

No comments:

Post a Comment