google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Grilling fish on the Lodge sportsman's grill



You can grill fish and veggies on this, because the spaces are more narrow than on a conventional grill.

I used it tonight to grill some orange roughy fillets, which I'd never made before.

I was told years ago that "it's great on the grill", so I decided to try it.

You can use a wide variety of seasonings on orange roughy, such as oregano or cajun seasoning. I used lemon pepper, then sprayed on olive oil.

You need a large spatula for grilling fish; Tongs and forks don't work well.

I have to say, orange roughy fillets really are great on the grill!

I also grilled a couple of ears of corn.

That's best done with the corn brushed with olive oil and wrapped in aluminum foil, although some grill it "in the husk".

No comments:

Post a Comment