google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, January 9, 2011

One very little known advantage of cast iron

Here's an advantage of cast iron that almost no one realizes:

I've moved twice in the last five years, both times with a moving company.

Anyone who has used a moving company knows, they use tons of packing paper!

At the time of the first move, I used aluminum cookware, which is lightweight; unfortunately, one piece got lost in the mounds of packing paper, and inadvertently thrown away.

That will not happen with cast iron! It's so heavy, you won't miss it when unpacking!

I'm glad my kitchen finally resembles a kitchen, instead of a storage room with a stove.

I will be cooking daily again soon, and believe me that can not come soon enough!

1 comment:

  1. Welcome back, greenturtle! It's good to know you are safely settled into your new home.

    ReplyDelete