google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Two rare Lodge pieces I found










These are two rare Lodge pieces I recently found, that I decided to combine into one article.

Neither of them are in the 2000 Lodge catalog, so they were from the 90's or earlier.

One is a 9 inch round grill pan. I can see why it was discontinued; There's only enough room for one burger, maybe two if they're small, or one steak.

By comparison, the 10 inch square grill pan fits two big burgers, or three smaller ones, or 2 steaks.

The other is an 11 inch "new style" shallow griddle. Also known as a tortilla griddle.

This is not to be confused with the 10 1/2 inch Lodge griddle commonly sold today.

Lodge still sells a 9 inch shallow griddle. I guess they figured it's better sized for serving tortillas.

No comments:

Post a Comment