google search this blog, doesn't always work

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I made my first omelet




I had never made an actual omelet before, and decided to make one tonight.

Pictured above is the Lodge Chef Skillet.

It's similar to the Lodge Pro Logic skillet with sloped sides, but this one is wider and more shallow, and most conducive to making omelets.

Have all your ingredients prepared before you start. I used finely chopped ham and shredded cheese.

Break 3 eggs in a bowl, add 2 tbsp milk and black pepper, and whisk.

Heat butter in the chef skillet. When butter is melted, pour in the egg mixture.

Do not stir! Wait for the eggs to cook on the edge, then lift the edges and let the uncooked egg flow underneath.

When eggs are done, put your filling onto half the omelet and fold over. Cook for a couple more minutes.

As for what to put in your omelet... anything you want. I like ham and cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment