google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I just got a bargain, now what am I going to do with it?

Lodge has decided to discontinue its 16 inch camp oven, due to lack of sales.

This isn't the first time; It was discontinued back in 2000, and brought back by popular demand.

I never got one, because I never had a need for one.  

And I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do with it, once I get it!

But at $97.66 on Amazon with free shipping, I couldn't turn that deal down.

And here's the best part:  Lodge will NOT benefit from my purchase, because the item was used!

I have no issue with Lodge cookware at all.  

It's the people who run the company, who for whatever reason, decided to act like petty high school girls.

I'm not one of the "cool kids", and never will be.

But I'll come up with something to do with this pan...

You know, I saw a video once that showed a guy scrambling a dozen eggs on a 14 inch camp oven lid.

So, consequently, you can do it on a 16 inch camp oven lid too.

I'd try it, if I had people to cook a dozen eggs for.  Or maybe I'll just eat eggs for three days.


No comments:

Post a Comment