google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

The Lodge enameled roaster - discontinued



This was the Lodge enameled rectangular roasting pan.  It was part of the Lodge Color series.

It was discontinued due to lack of sales.

I personally would love to see Lodge make a regular cast iron rectangular pan, but I don't think it's going to happen.

In fact, they used to have one, but it was a lot bigger, about 13 quarts.

However, a 12 inch skillet has a similar volume to a 13 x 9 rectangular cake pan.

So you can still make cakes in a skillet.  You can also make lasagna in a skillet.

I never got an enameled roasting pan, because the price was higher than I wanted to pay.

I guess that's why they didn't sell.  Enameled is more expensive.

No comments:

Post a Comment