google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Sunday, November 25, 2012

turkey sausage gumbo the lazy way

So what do you do, with your leftover turkey?  

For the record, I actually didn't make my turkey in cast iron this year, although I made the sides in cast iron.

I used a roaster oven.  That was very convenient, and left my oven free for other things!

I like the way the turkey turned out, very moist like I like it.

If you want crispy skin, then you do need to brown for 30 minutes in the regular oven.

But anyway, this post is about turkey sausage gumbo.

I was in HEB, which is a local grocery chain, and they were demonstrating this Cookwell and Company gumbo mix.

I liked the sample, so I got a couple of jars.

All you have to do is add your own meat, according to the instructions.

I used leftover turkey and some smoked sausage.

I also added a cup of chicken broth.

I'm letting it simmer in a crock pot now.  Although you can certainly simmer it in a cast iron pot if you want to!


No comments:

Post a Comment