google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Now it's honey mustard BBQ ribs!

In my previous post, I made honey mustard BBQ chicken.


I decided that the same recipe could be applied to ribs!


See, I had this bottle of French's honey mustard that I've been wanting to get rid of.  So instead of just throwing it away, I decided to use it up by cooking with it.


Strange as it may sound, that bottle of honey mustard was a gift.  And it was fine, but it was sitting in my pantry for way too long!


Anyway, I got some "pork finger ribs", which I'd never had before.  I usually get baby back ribs.


They were OK, but not as meaty and flavorful as baby back ribs.  So from now on, I'll continue to stick to baby backs.


I coated them with French's honey mustard, and KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce.  Also added some black pepper.


Slow roasted in the oven in a covered cast iron pot, at 250.


The sauce mixture was excellent, and I'm sure on baby back ribs, would have been great!

No comments:

Post a Comment