google search, doesn't always work

Lijit Search, click on "site" tab after you search for more results

Monday, October 31, 2011

my first shrimp scampi

Inspired by the recent shrimp scampi recipe contest, I decided to try making shrimp scampi.

I made a modified version of the contest recipe from the Lodge website.

This was also the first time I salted the pasta water, rinsed the pasta, and tossed it with olive oil.

I liked the results!

Boil linguine in lightly salted water until done. Drain, rinse, drain again. Toss with olive oil.

In a cast iron skillet, melt 6 tbsp butter and 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil.

Add 3-4 tbsp minced garlic and saute. Don't overcook the garlic. Add black pepper.

Add peeled and deveined shrimp, and cook until done.

I used pre-cooked shrimp, so it was faster for me.

Turn off the heat. Add 1/4 cup lemon juice and shredded parmesan cheese.

I added bacon bits to mine, even though shrimp scampi doesn't normally have bacon bits.

It was thinner because of the lemon juice, although it did add a nice little flavor.

I like a thick sauce, so next time I might omit the lemon juice, or add a lot less of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment