google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, August 20, 2011

My second experience with the volcano stove

The volcano stove can be used with wood, charcoal, or propane, and can be used as a stove, a camp oven cooker, or a grill.

My first experience was a few days ago, when I tried it as a propane grill.

The company immediately contacted me, convinced that the problems I was having was due to the attachment being defective.

So they offered to replace it. When I get the new one, I'll try it again and see if I have the same issues.

So since I don't have the propane attachment right now, I decided to try it with wood.

See, I've got a stack of firewood in my backyard, that I'd like to get rid of.

I figured using it in the volcano would serve that purpose, so I proceeded to set it up as a wood grill.

I immediately noticed that the branches were too big to fit; The volcano is 13 inches wide.

So to use wood in this, you have to cut the pieces to 12 inches or smaller.

I don't have a hatchet. I started to use a saw, and decided that it was taking too long.

So now I'm just going to use it with charcoal.

Be it known, that you absolutely CAN use wood in the volcano stove. "Yes, you can!" "Si, se puede!"

I'm just not going to, not when I have charcoal readily available. In fact, that's why it was invented!

Anyway, if you want to use wood, you need to cut your pieces to 12 inches or smaller so they'll fit.

For that matter, any charcoal grill can be used with wood. Most people don't, because it's more work.

However some people prefer the way food tastes, cooked with wood over charcoal. Up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment