google search this blog, doesn't always work

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Can vienna rolls be made in a cornstick pan?


This is a vienna bread pan. It's meant for making vienna rolls.

Vienna rolls resemble crescent rolls; They can be shaped into crescents, but usually they're shaped like torpedoes.

Vienna bread pans are no longer made and can be expensive.

A flat pan is not recommended; rounded molds allow for better air circulation.

So I wondered if vienna rolls can be made in a cornstick pan?

Possibly, if the molds are a similar size. Yes, I'm a nerd, and I got measurements.

The above pan is 12 1/2 inches long, and 6 1/2 inches wide. It has 6 molds.

A 7 mold cornstick pan is 12 inches long, and 5 1/2 inches wide.

I conclude that it is possible, although they'll be smaller, and they'll have a slight corn design on the bottom. Who cares?


I intend to try it out with this recipe or this recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment