google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, May 16, 2012

tenth recipe created by me: bacon bratwurst

Actually, this recipe was going to be called "beef bacon bratwurst", since I used beef bacon to make it.


Did you know there was such a thing as beef bacon?  I did not, until I saw it in the grocery store, in the same section as the regular bacon.


Evidently, it's an alternative bacon for people who do not eat pork, for cultural or religious reasons.


This was my first time trying beef bacon.  


Frankly, I did not like the beef bacon, and it's more expensive than regular bacon.


So I'm going to call this recipe "bacon bratwurst", since I think regular bacon would be better.


It's very simple.  Grill some bratwurst.  Fry some bacon in a pan.


Serve the bacon on the bratwurst.


Alternatively, you can wrap the bacon around the bratwurst before you grill.


Finish in the oven at 250, to make sure it's cooked all the way through, without charring the outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment