google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The "way too processed for me" sauce

So I found a recipe on the internet, that to me, sounded terrible.

It consisted of a sauce made of velveeta, rotel tomatoes, and cream of mushroom (or chicken) soup.

Now, I've always liked the "velveeta and rotel" dip. It was one of the first things I learned how to cook.

And I've always liked the cream soups; My favorite is cream of chicken.

But together? Ugh! Nevertheless, a few friends told me how great it was and that I should try it.

So I made a sample yesterday, just to see if I'd like it.

While I have to admit that it tasted good, I didn't like the way it made me feel afterwards.

It's the same feeling I get after eating McDonald's. That "way too processed" feeling.

The sauce would have been fine without the addition of the cream soup.

Regarding velveeta, I've liked it my whole life, and have always sworn by it for cooking purposes.

But in recent months, that has changed. I actually prefer white american cheese now.

White american cheese can be bought from any store deli, sliced or not.

White american cheese melts great, and I think it tastes better and has a better texture than velveeta.

White american cheese is commonly used in mexican dishes, and is awesome.

You may think that white american cheese is the same as traditional yellow, but it's not. It has a fresher, less "processed" taste, and a better texture.

It's generally better quality because it's purchased in the service deli, and not on the store shelf.

If you're a velveeta fan, I'd encourage you to try white american cheese at least once. You won't regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment