google search this blog, doesn't always work

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

the Lodge stainless steel cookware set.

This is the Lodge stainless steel cookware set.

"But I thought Lodge was a cast iron company!" It is, hence the cast iron skillet in the set.

They don't sell the stainless steel pieces individually; Just the set.

It includes the cast iron skillet, along with a deep skillet, 2 saucepans, and a pot.

Personally, if I didn't already have all the cookware I need, I'd consider buying it.

I wondered why Lodge wants to branch out from their flagship product line of cast iron.

My guess is because many consumers tend to shun cast iron cookware, as antiquated. They want "modern" stuff, such as stainless steel.

But why include a cast iron skillet in the set?

Perhaps to introduce cast iron to a market segment that would otherwise not try it.

I once was one of those people, after all. It only took one try, before I was hooked for life!

1 comment: