google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, August 22, 2011

question about woks

I was asked a question today that I could not answer, but thanks to Lodge cast iron company for coming to my rescue!

The question was, what's the difference between a cast iron wok, and a carbon steel wok?

Besides the obvious fact that they are made of different material-- how do they perform?

Some people swear by carbon steel as the best kind of wok. I've only used cast iron.

Cast iron woks take a little longer to heat up than carbon steel.

Once it does heat up, the heat is more consistent, and you don't have to shake it while cooking.

As I've never used a carbon steel wok, I can't personally comment on how well they work.

I can say that I love my Lodge cast iron wok, and wouldn't trade it for anything else!

No comments:

Post a Comment