google search this blog, doesn't always work

Monday, September 13, 2010

Two ways to make frog legs

I made frog legs two different ways. While they're usually fried, I did not fry them.

As with rabbit, I disagree that frog legs taste exactly like chicken. Similar, but frog legs are chewier.

I don't think alligator tastes like chicken either. It's either too dry or too greasy, and I don't like it.

One batch I marinated in teriyaki sauce and grilled on the stovetop in a cast iron grill pan.

Since frog legs are small, I didn't have to finish them off in the oven.

The other batch I seasoned with onion powder, garlic powder, and poultry seasoning, and roasted on a cast iron griddle at 300.

Both were good, but I preferred the teriyaki grilled.

Frog legs can be seasoned with anything you would season chicken with-- the sky is the limit.

No comments:

Post a Comment