google search this blog, doesn't always work

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Second recipe created by me: Lettuce free salad

This was the second recipe created by me, not cooked in cast iron, because it's not "cooked" at all.

Of course you can mix the ingredients in a cast iron skillet if you want to, and even serve it in cast iron.

I'm not a fan of lettuce. It doesn't do anything for me. It's rabbit food.

So I am frequently asked, "How do you eat salad without lettuce?"

Simple, you make a "lettuce free salad".

Ingredients include, but are not limited to: tomatoes, cucumbers, mushrooms, shredded cabbage, fresh spinach, sliced hard boiled eggs, bacon bits, croutons, shredded cheese.

Feel free to omit any of the above, or add anything you want except lettuce.

This can be made at any salad bar.

No comments:

Post a Comment